Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org> on 2007/12/07 05:44:41 UTC

My issues w/ nightly runs, fyi ...

Hey folks,

A few weeks ago, I noticed my nightly runs were not finishing in a timely
manner.  I didn't have time to debug the issue before going on vacation,
so I shut them off while I was gone.  Now that I'm back I took a look
at it, and it appears the problem is that both bayes and awl are being
used even though they're explicitly disabled in my user_prefs file.

Digging around, I found r596064 which disabled user_prefs in mass-check,
and therefore my config is no longer read to disable bayes and awl.
I renamed user_prefs to be local.cf, and it seems functional now.
But since this change was not well advertised (at least, I haven't seen
a mail about it,), it may take people by surprise.

This also led me to notice that local.cf is read in twice, once as a pre file
and then again as a cf:

[16753] dbg: config: using
"/home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora/masses/spamassassin/local.cf" for site rules pre files
[16753] dbg: config: read file
/home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora/masses/spamassassin/local.cf

[...]

[16753] dbg: config: using
"/home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora/masses/spamassassin/local.cf" for site rules dir
[16753] dbg: config: read file
/home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora/masses/spamassassin/local.cf

this led to some error messages when I had config options for plugins that
weren't loaded for the pre version, but then took effect with the cf version.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"The distributions may be developed that way, but to get into the mainline

Re: My issues w/ nightly runs, fyi ...

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
On Dec 7, 2007 4:54 AM, Daryl C. W. O'Shea <sp...@dostech.ca> wrote:
> Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > A few weeks ago, I noticed my nightly runs were not finishing in a timely
> > manner.  I didn't have time to debug the issue before going on vacation,
> > so I shut them off while I was gone.  Now that I'm back I took a look
> > at it, and it appears the problem is that both bayes and awl are being
> > used even though they're explicitly disabled in my user_prefs file.
> >
> > Digging around, I found r596064 which disabled user_prefs in mass-check,
> > and therefore my config is no longer read to disable bayes and awl.
>
> I assume it was really r595759 that did this (although r595759 was broken).

ok, this is fixed.

> > This also led me to notice that local.cf is read in twice, once as a pre file
> > and then again as a cf:
>
> Yeah, that's been doing that for a long time (since before I started
> submitting mass-check results)... I get warned about duplicate
> trusted_networks every time I run mass-check.  I never got around to
> looking at it. :(

that should be easy to fix now, too....

Re: My issues w/ nightly runs, fyi ...

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> A few weeks ago, I noticed my nightly runs were not finishing in a timely
> manner.  I didn't have time to debug the issue before going on vacation,
> so I shut them off while I was gone.  Now that I'm back I took a look
> at it, and it appears the problem is that both bayes and awl are being
> used even though they're explicitly disabled in my user_prefs file.
>
> Digging around, I found r596064 which disabled user_prefs in mass-check,
> and therefore my config is no longer read to disable bayes and awl.

I assume it was really r595759 that did this (although r595759 was broken).

> This also led me to notice that local.cf is read in twice, once as a pre file
> and then again as a cf:

Yeah, that's been doing that for a long time (since before I started
submitting mass-check results)... I get warned about duplicate
trusted_networks every time I run mass-check.  I never got around to
looking at it. :(

Daryl

Re: My issues w/ nightly runs, fyi ...

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
btw, unfortunately my attempt to get --reuse working didn't pan out,
so if you're using --reuse in the set0 mass-check command line, take
that out again...

--j.