Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com> on 2003/02/26 19:41:17 UTC

Apache 2.0.44 w/ auth_ldap build errors

Hello,

First off, I like to say that I've posted to the users
list prior to this with not a single reply...

I am trying to build Apache 2.0.44 w/ auth_ldap support
on IRIX 6.5.19. I've successfully built without the ldap
and with many options such as SSL with few problems.

I've built and installed both apr 0.9.1 and apr-util 0.9.1.

I've done _everything_ under the sun to get this to pass the
configure stage without error, but to no avail!

Here's my configure parameters:

./configure --enable-auth-ldap --with-apr-util=../apr-util
--enable-mime-magic --enable-ssl --enable-static-rotatelogs --enable-so
--with-ssl=/usr/freeware/lib/openssl

And here are the errors I'm receiving, is it not knowing how to use
the apu-config correctly? Notice the sed errors:

creating test/Makefile
config.status: creating docs/conf/httpd-std.conf
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating include/ap_config_layout.h
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating support/apxs
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating support/apachectl
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating support/dbmmanage
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating support/envvars-std
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating support/log_server_status
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating support/logresolve.pl
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating support/phf_abuse_log.cgi
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating support/split-logfile
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating build/rules.mk
sed: command garbled: s,@APU_BINDIR@,Usage: apu-config [OPTION]
config.status: creating include/ap_config_auto.h
config.status: include/ap_config_auto.h is unchanged
config.status: executing default commands

Thanks in advance for any tips.

-- Trev

Re: Apache 2.0.44 w/ auth_ldap build errors

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Trevor Hurst wrote:

> I'm guessing it's basically broken and does not
> work right. Since it's [experimental].

Works great for me.

Have you followed the instructions in
httpd-2.0/modules/experimental/README.ldap?

>>mod_auth_ldap.c:82:2: #error mod_auth_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP
>>support built in

This tells you that you didn't switch on LDAP support in APR.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: Apache 2.0.44 w/ auth_ldap build errors

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Trevor Hurst wrote:
>
> >   setting APRUTIL_INCLUDES to "-I/usr/freeware/include/"
> >   setting APRUTIL_LDFLAGS to "-L/usr/freeware/lib32/libldap.so.3"
>
> the argument of -L should be a directory, not a file

Acutally, sorry, my mistake, that was the output of another configure
I was doing after I changed some of the params around.

I still get this when doing it the way Cliff suggested:

checking for ldap support...
  setting APRUTIL_INCLUDES to "-I/usr/freeware/include/"
  setting APRUTIL_LDFLAGS to "-L/usr/freeware/lib32/"
checking for ldap_init in -l... no
configure: error: could not find an LDAP library
configure failed for srclib/apr-util

argh! ;-/

--
Trevor Hurst
Senior Systems Administrator

--
Thus a mind that is free from passion is a very citadel;
man has no stronger fortress in which to seek shelter and

Re: Apache 2.0.44 w/ auth_ldap build errors

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Trevor Hurst wrote:
>
> > > Because when I run the make I get the following errors:
> > >
> > > -static -c mod_auth_ldap.c && touch mod_auth_ldap.lo
> > > mod_auth_ldap.c:82:2: #error mod_auth_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP
> > > support built in
>
> If you go into the apr-util directory and run ./configure --help, among
> other things it will tell you:
>
>   --with-ldap-include=path  path to ldap include files with trailing slash
>   --with-ldap-lib=path    path to ldap lib file
>   --with-ldap=library     ldap library to use

> arguments, and it will pass them through to apr-util for you.
>
> I admit this is not entirely obvious, but it's just the way it is.
>
> --Cliff

Man this is frustrating. I went ahead and installed LDAP and point the
proper parameters as you suggested to the locations where ldap is
installed and it complains of not finding ldap..

Here's the output from:--with-ldap-lib=/usr/freeware/lib32/libldap.so.3

./configure --with-ldap-include=/usr/freeware/include/
--with-ldap-lib=/usr/freeware/lib32/
--with-ldap=libldap.so.3 --enable-auth-ldap

and get the following:

APR-util Version: 0.9.2
checking for chosen layout... apr-util
Applying apr-util hints file rules for mips-sgi-irix6.5
checking for APR... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for ldap support...
  setting APRUTIL_INCLUDES to "-I/usr/freeware/include/"
  setting APRUTIL_LDFLAGS to "-L/usr/freeware/lib32/libldap.so.3"
checking for ldap_init in -lldap50... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl41... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl40... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl30... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldapssl20... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... (cached) no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... (cached) no
configure: error: could not find an LDAP library
configure failed for srclib/apr-util

Any ideas now? I am running out of ideas.... ;-/

Thanks,

-- Trev

Posted by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net>.
* Cliff Woolley (jwoolley@virginia.edu) wrote :
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Trevor Hurst wrote:
>
> > > Anyone in users have this problem, or should I say
> > > how mny out there have successfully compiled apache2.0.44
> > > with ldap and auth-ldap support?
> > >
> > > Did anyone have the same problem I'm experiencing?
>
> Sorry, it works for me.
>
> --Cliff
it, uh, works fine for me too. latest openLDAP, command line options:
--with-ldap=yes --with-ldap-include=/usr/include \
--with-ldap-lib=/usr/lib --enable-ldap=shared \
--enable-auth-ldap=shared

cheers
-Thom

Re: Apache 2.0.44 w/ auth_ldap build errors

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

[users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.0.44 w/ auth_ldap build errors

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.
Woops, forgot to cc: users list on this.

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> If you go into the apr-util directory and run ./configure --help, among
> other things it will tell you:
>
>   --with-ldap-include=path  path to ldap include files with trailing slash
>   --with-ldap-lib=path    path to ldap lib file
>   --with-ldap=library     ldap library to use

random note:

it would be useful if ./configure --help for Apache would also display
apr and apr-util --help screen if the Apache configure is going to
configure apr and apr-util as well

I've noticed a PR or two that could have been prevented by this

Re: Apache 2.0.44 w/ auth_ldap build errors

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Trevor Hurst wrote:
>
> > > Because when I run the make I get the following errors:
> > >
> > > -static -c mod_auth_ldap.c && touch mod_auth_ldap.lo
> > > mod_auth_ldap.c:82:2: #error mod_auth_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP
> > > support built in
>
> If you go into the apr-util directory and run ./configure --help, among
> other things it will tell you:
>
>   --with-ldap-include=path  path to ldap include files with trailing slash
>   --with-ldap-lib=path    path to ldap lib file
>   --with-ldap=library     ldap library to use

> arguments, and it will pass them through to apr-util for you.
>
> I admit this is not entirely obvious, but it's just the way it is.
>
> --Cliff

Thanks Cliff!! I'll grab the latest apr and apr-util and give that a
shot. I knew there was an explanation.

Cheers,

-- Trev

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Trevor Hurst wrote:

> 0.9.1 is *very* old? Please let me know where I can find
> a newer version because last I looked (yesterday) on
> apr.apache.org, it shows Sep. 11th, 2002 latest build
> 0.9.1 ????? And I'm speaking of what's in the released
> area and not the CVS repositories.

We don't use anything but what's in the CVS repositories.

Well, we're about to tag a new version, but that's irrelevant.  Ignore
0.9.1.

--Cliff

Re: Apache 2.0.44 w/ auth_ldap build errors

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.
Justin, I've tried pointing both apr and apr-util to the
prefix INSTALL_DIR which is /usr/local/apr. To no avail it
fails with the same errors no matter what. I've also tried
pointing it at my build tree after successful builds of both.

0.9.1 is *very* old? Please let me know where I can find
a newer version because last I looked (yesterday) on
apr.apache.org, it shows Sep. 11th, 2002 latest build
0.9.1 ????? And I'm speaking of what's in the released
area and not the CVS repositories.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers,

-- Trev

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.
I'm guessing it's basically broken and does not
work right. Since it's [experimental].

I've tried everything... no luck here man.

Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

Thanks for your response, greatly appreciated.

-- Trev

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Trevor Hurst <tr...@sgi.com>.