Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Paul R <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/02 08:31:20 UTC

Re: SVN unusable with https server, valid CA and Windows SP3 (recipe included)

Hi Ivan,

Ivan> Most likely this problem caused by deadlock in FreeLibrary() of
Ivan> crypt32.dll. This bug should be fixed in r33014 and r33128. Then
Ivan> certificate validation code rewritten in r33170.

How can this work with certain servers then ? Pierre mentionned that the
bug does not show up with Google Code repositories :

Pierre> One more thing : repositories from googlecode work great with
Pierre> https access. I don't know what version of Apache and mod_ssl
Pierre> they are using.

So it seems it can be at least worked around on the server side.

Ivan> See discussion here:
Ivan> http://groups.google.com/group/Subversion-development/browse_thread/thread/1ddbd0e2afa9f9a3

Interesting thread, though I'm not sure to see how it is related to this
topic.

Thanks for your light,

--
  Paul

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1089434

Re: SVN unusable with https server, valid CA and Windows SP3 (recipe included)

Posted by Paul R <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan,

Ivan> Bug does not have stable reproduction. It happens sometime.

Yes, but it happens very often on some repositories (for exemple our
company repositories) and we have never reproduced it on some others
repositories (for exemple google code). That's why it seems something
differs on the server side.

Ivan> And mentioned commits fixed problems in my situation.

Indeed, thanks for that. So we know the forthcoming release won't show
this bug, and I'm now looking for an immediate solution for our
customers to access https repositories with their Windows clients.
I guess that will take the form of either a new release of svn.exe and
tortoiseSVN.exe with the fixes backported (unlikely), or a server-side
workaround (more likely).

  Paul

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1089519

Re: SVN unusable with https server, valid CA and Windows SP3 (recipe included)

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Paul R <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> Ivan> Most likely this problem caused by deadlock in FreeLibrary() of
> Ivan> crypt32.dll. This bug should be fixed in r33014 and r33128. Then
> Ivan> certificate validation code rewritten in r33170.
>
> How can this work with certain servers then ? Pierre mentionned that the
> bug does not show up with Google Code repositories :
>
> Pierre> One more thing : repositories from googlecode work great with
> Pierre> https access. I don't know what version of Apache and mod_ssl
> Pierre> they are using.
>
> So it seems it can be at least worked around on the server side.
>
> Ivan> See discussion here:
> Ivan> http://groups.google.com/group/Subversion-development/browse_thread/thread/1ddbd0e2afa9f9a3
>
> Interesting thread, though I'm not sure to see how it is related to this
> topic.

Bug does not have stable reproduction. It happens sometime. And
mentioned commits fixed problems in my situation.

--
Ivan Zhakov
VisualSVN Team

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1089461