Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/29 14:25:32 UTC

How can I visualize the metrics Counter and Meter at VisualVM?

Hi,

I have configured JMXReporter on Flink. I have a RichMapFunction class emitting
a counter and a meter
<https://github.com/felipegutierrez/explore-flink/blob/master/src/main/java/org/sense/flink/examples/stream/MqttSensorExpensiveShuffleDAG.java#L70>.
When I open VisualVM and the MBeans tab I can only see the default metrics
of Flink JobManager and Flink TaskManager. How can I see the metrics of my
Meter and Counter?

metrics.reporter.jmx.class: org.apache.flink.metrics.jmx.JMXReporter
metrics.reporter.jmx.host: 192.168.56.1
metrics.reporter.jmx.port: 8789-8790
metrics.reporter.jmx.interval: 30 SECONDS

Thanks,
Felipe

*--*
*-- Felipe Gutierrez*

*-- skype: felipe.o.gutierrez*
*--* *https://felipeogutierrez.blogspot.com
<https://felipeogutierrez.blogspot.com>*

Re: How can I visualize the metrics Counter and Meter at VisualVM?

Posted by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com>.
I realized that I can see the Meter that I defined. However I was expecting
to see it by the name that I gave. And also a chart like in Graphite or
here (
https://flink.apache.org/news/2019/02/25/monitoring-best-practices.html).

The screenshot shows how I am currently able to visualize it.

[image: image.png]

*--*

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.