Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com> on 2019/02/14 17:36:02 UTC

[BEAM-6671] Possible dependency issue in 2.9.0 NoSuchFieldError

Filed this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-6671

I received a report from a Dataflow user encountering this in Beam 2.9.0
when creating a spanner instance. I wanted to post this here as this is
known to be related to dependency conflicts in the past (
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46684071/error-using-spannerio-in-apache-beam).
Does anyone have an idea of the root cause here? I am trying to get a bit
more information from the user in the meantime, to see if they added any
extra deps of their own. But I wanted to mention it here as well.

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
internal_static_google_rpc_LocalizedMessage_fieldAccessorTable
        at
com.google.rpc.LocalizedMessage.internalGetFieldAccessorTable(LocalizedMessage.java:90)
        at
com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessageV3.getDescriptorForType(GeneratedMessageV3.java:121)
        at io.grpc.protobuf.ProtoUtils.keyForProto(ProtoUtils.java:67)
        at
com.google.cloud.spanner.spi.v1.SpannerErrorInterceptor.<clinit>(SpannerErrorInterceptor.java:47)
        at
com.google.cloud.spanner.spi.v1.GrpcSpannerRpc.<init>(GrpcSpannerRpc.java:136)
        at
com.google.cloud.spanner.SpannerOptions$DefaultSpannerRpcFactory.create(SpannerOptions.java:73)