Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Robert Duff <ro...@identitech.com> on 2000/02/25 18:44:16 UTC

Windows ATL COM Problem

To Whom it may concern:

I am currently trying to use Xerces-C in an ATL COM ActiveX DLL project. When I make the call to parse an XML file that has been previously validated nothing happens. The document object (DOM_Document) is blank containing no elements. If I feed the parser an invalid path, again, nothing happens and I get back a blank document. It is surprising that no exceptions are thrown either. Xerces-C acts if everything happened with no errors. If I compile and use Xerces-C in a "standard" C style project with no MFC, ATL etc... it seems to work fine. Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my information:
a.. Version: Xerces-C 1.0.1
b.. OS platform/version: NT4+SP6
c.. Compiler/version: MSVC6+SP3