Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/25 18:28:26 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.2.0

I would like to propose an Apache Artemis 2.2.0 release.

I would like to highlight these following new features on this release:

[ARTEMIS-821] - Support scheduled messages with the STOMP protocol
[ARTEMIS-1182] - Add / Port in support for JNDIReferenceFactory and JNDIStorable
[ARTEMIS-1235] - Support the ability to enable queue and address
deletion when broker.xml changes
[ARTEMIS-1264] - Client authentication via Kerberos TLS Cipher Suites (RFC 2712)

There has been a lot of work around improving stability, and I would
like to highlight these following fixes among others:

[ARTEMIS-1269] - Replication Initial Synchronization won't finish sometimes
[ARTEMIS-1175] - Memory Leak Mqtt

I would appreciate your vote and time on evaluating this release:

The release notes can be found here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12340541&styleName=Html&projectId=12315920&Create=Create

Source and binary distributions can be found here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1142/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.2.0/

The Maven repository is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1142

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo:

http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.0.0/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.2.0

I will update the website after the vote.

The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.2.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (binding) +1

Regards

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.2.0

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.2.0

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.2.0

Posted by nigro_franz <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.2.0

Posted by Michael André Pearce <mi...@me.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Build from src
deployed
ran basic queue and topic jms flow

Deployed binaries
ran latency and ramp up throughput tests
No performance regression in fact as seen already pre tag slight improvement seen.

Issues/Bug personally raised or fixed expected in this release rechecked and still look fixed.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.2.0

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding) to release.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.2.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 07/25/2017 02:28 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> I would like to propose an Apache Artemis 2.2.0 release.
>

> I would like to highlight these following new features on this release:
>
> [ARTEMIS-821] - Support scheduled messages with the STOMP protocol
> [ARTEMIS-1182] - Add / Port in support for JNDIReferenceFactory and JNDIStorable
> [ARTEMIS-1235] - Support the ability to enable queue and address
> deletion when broker.xml changes
> [ARTEMIS-1264] - Client authentication via Kerberos TLS Cipher Suites (RFC 2712)
>

> There has been a lot of work around improving stability, and I would
> like to highlight these following fixes among others:
>
> [ARTEMIS-1269] - Replication Initial Synchronization won't finish sometimes
> [ARTEMIS-1175] - Memory Leak Mqtt
>

> I would appreciate your vote and time on evaluating this release:
>
> The release notes can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12340541&styleName=Html&projectId=12315920&Create=Create
>

> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1142/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.2.0/
>

> The Maven repository is here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1142
>

> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.0.0/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>

> The source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.2.0
>
> I will update the website after the vote.
>
> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.2.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my (binding) +1
>
> Regards

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Built from source and ran some of the tests
* Ran from binary and ran a couple client examples against the broker
* Checked for presence of license and notice files.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121