Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by shashank-itbhu <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2013/02/28 17:02:44 UTC

sling pull request: SLING-2707 Support of chunked file upload into Sling

GitHub user shashank-itbhu opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/sling/pull/1

    SLING-2707 Support of chunked file upload into Sling

    Feature enhance with details at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Chunked+File+Upload+Support
    1. Extension to [SlingPostServlet|http://sling.apache.org/site/manipulating-content-the-slingpostservlet-servletspost.html]
    2. Chunk upload is supported in "modify"operation of [SlingPostServlet|http://sling.apache.org/site/manipulating-content-the-slingpostservlet-servletspost.html] ( ie. In default operation) . No new operation introduced for it
    3. Chunks are saved in temporary location identified by upload id
    4. Chunk processing
    * First/Intermediate chunks: Chunk is saved in temporary location in jcr. Ignores all upload semantics (@TypeHint, etc) and request parameters.
    * Last chunk: Stitches all chunks. Process all upload semantics and request parameters and creates jcr node structure at the right location.

    $ git pull https://github.com/shashank-itbhu/sling trunk

    https://github.com/apache/sling/pull/1.patch

----
commit 1a3b17d498bf8781dab7ffcfffce3335e00dad72

Re: sling pull request: SLING-2707 Support of chunked file upload into Sling

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com>.
On 01.03.2013, at 09:41, Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> wrote:

> I have the impression, I prefer patches attached to the respective Sling issue for better recording.

Agree, based on existing practice, but I am not a committer to make such a decision.

Cheers,
Alex

Re: sling pull request: SLING-2707 Support of chunked file upload into Sling

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
Hi

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:41 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thanks for the pull request.
>
> I have the impression, I prefer patches attached to the respective Sling
> issue for better recording.

I personally am fine in general with getting pull requests. You can always
get the .patch file by appending .patch to the URL, e.g.
https://github.com/apache/sling/pull/1.patch

The pull request should be linked to from the JIRA issue.

In this case, it looks like there are some issues with the patch. Whether
discussion of the patch happens in github, Rietveld, or Review Board (which
I've never been able to successfully post to) should be IMHO up to the
patch submitter.

Justin

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

Thanks for the pull request.

--
Felix Meschberger | Principal Scientist | Adobe