Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com> on 2007/05/22 21:28:02 UTC

Release of rampart?

Hi,

I am again inquiring about when would a rampart release be available.
Here we are already a week past the previously announced "mid-May" date
for
its release and no word from developers on when would it be available.

I will use this opportunity also to say that is is just bad to have
such a big gap in the release cycles of those two components (axis2 and
its security module). Security is essential part of web services and
IMO should've gone hand in hand with its 1.2 release, especially given
the fact that Axis2 1.2 broke its compatibility with previous versions
of Rampart esentially blocking 1.2 consumers that use security of using
the whole stack.

I really hope this to be an exception in the otherwise nice axis2
product.

Best Regards,
George Stanchev

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Release of rampart?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Am working on a nightly after ruchith added the ant script. hopefully
by end of day today i will send a url.

-- dims

RE: Release of rampart?

Posted by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com>.
Hi Angel,

Thanks, but unfortunately we need an "official" release. Our software
process doesn't allow
to use repository snapshots and our release engineers frown upon it. I
guess we can start
migrating to Rampart 1.2 "unofficially" but still, we cannot use the
binaries unless they are
released with official version. Unfortunately thats how the cookie
crumbles for us.

Re: Release of rampart?

Posted by Angel Todorov <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi George,