Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steve Oney <so...@cos.com> on 2001/03/28 20:09:20 UTC

How to get DocBook's ISO char's

Could someone please point me to a reference on
how to generate the ISO character set in a PDF file.
I'm using xml.apache.org/FOP version 0.17

I have a xml file the references the ISO 8879 files
that come with DocBook (N. Walsh, O'Reilly).
---------------xml file---------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE Abstract [
<!ENTITY % iso SYSTEM "iso.dtd">
%iso;
]>
----------- iso.dtd ---------------------
<!ENTITY % iso-amsa SYSTEM "iso-amsa.ent">
%iso-amsa;
<!ENTITY % iso-amsb SYSTEM "iso-amsb.ent">
%iso-amsb;
<!ENTITY % iso-amsc SYSTEM "iso-amsc.ent">
%iso-amsc;
.....and so on

it looks like I'm getting unicode char's instead of the iso char's.
I would like to read how someone has generated the correct
char's in the PDF file.
Thanks
Steve

Steven Oney