Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Kok Hooi Chew <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/05 06:48:22 UTC

Reverse VNC

Hi,
Based on the ticket from https://glyptodon.org/jira/browse/GUAC-691 it
mention that I need to open a port connection from within Guacamole

To establish a reverse connection with VNC, you must, in order:

   1. Open the connection within Guacamole
   2. Connect to the specified port (:3333 in your case) on the Guacamole
   server with the VNC client

May I know the steps to open the port? Any documentation on that?

Thanks

Re: Reverse VNC

Posted by Kok Hooi Chew <ch...@gmail.com>.
hi
the xml shown is part of the config. well, after updated to v0.9.10 now i'm
having a stable connection when using reverse VNC

guess it's an issue in 0.9.9

thanks a lot

Re: Reverse VNC

Posted by David Blackstone <jd...@gmail.com>.

Re: Reverse VNC

Re: Reverse VNC

Posted by systemreggie <jd...@gmail.com>.
You're going to need to configure the reverse VNC connection in Guacamole as
described in the manual.  Basically there's a setting you need in your xml
config file that indicates the connection is for reverse VNC.  If you are
using database authentication I believe you will have to manually insert a
record into the connection parameters table indicating that this connection
is to be made by reverse VNC.

Then just open up the connection in Guacamole.  This will start up a VNC
listener, and you'll then need to connect from the server.