Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Don Bowman <do...@agilicus.com> on 2019/03/05 16:20:09 UTC

Re: docker build

where do we stand on this?
the PR is in and accepted, but i feel we need to have this built as part of
the release artifacts and on dockerhub to foster adoption.
if the only issue is the mysql connector i can remove it in favour of the
postgres connector.

Re: docker build

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
David, that plan looks good to me too. Is anyone interested in implementing
it (maybe David or Don?). Seems to me like the steps needed would be,

1) Do a PR to implement the Dockerfile changes in the Druid repo (remove
MySQL from the Dockerfile that will be used for DockerHub).
2) Work with Infra to set up automated tag builds. Examples -
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13838,
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-12781.
3) Potentially add another Dockerfile FROM the autobuilt image that adds
MySQL and that interested users could run on their own.

Re: docker build

Posted by Charles Allen <ch...@snap.com.INVALID>.
I would support that.

Re: docker build

Posted by David Glasser <gl...@apollographql.com>.

Re: docker build

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
Hey Don,

If you are interested in participating more directly in the Druid project,
you could certainly do #2. Apache projects are built around the idea of
community contribution, and people driving & building consensus on the
changes they want to see happen. Apache Infra is a group of people that
manage the Apache infrastructure: https://www.apache.org/dev/infrastructure.
They set up our mailing lists, git repos, etc, and can also set up
DockerHub builds. They use JIRA to track requests. Anyway, it is up to you.

Re: docker build

Posted by Don Bowman <do...@agilicus.com>.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/pull/7296 is now there which
removes the mysql but shows how to re-enable should someone wish.

Re: docker build

#1: I'll do the PR to remove mysql
#2. I cannot do this, I have no idea what Jira or apache infra is etc.
#3. I don't think this is worth doing, no one will use it except for

Re: docker build

Posted by Charles Allen <ch...@snap.com.INVALID>.