Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by fitzcaraldo <br...@marlo.com.au> on 2012/11/15 00:58:53 UTC

Broker toology

I am looking to replace a small number (<30) of MQSeries queue managers with
AMQ.  The current topology connects all QMs via a central QM hub with
channels defined for each.

I have 3 options for the replacement topology:

brokers on each machine with a central hub
brokers on each machine with no hub (with network connectors as required)
no broker on each machine with a central HA hub only

Other than network availability and volume considerations is there any
reason not to go for option 3?

Re: Broker toology

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
Only question is message production if the hub is not available. A HA
hub helps, but not when the issue is a network partition.
With the local broker forwarding to the hub, the app can continue
chatting with the local broker.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com