Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by co...@costin.dnt.ro on 2000/01/18 17:56:49 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/startup tomcat.xml

Danno Ferrin wrote:

> -0, this relies on the default design patterns rather than using the
> introspector.  Even though a truly malicious bean would break this the bean
> designer shoud have that option.  Does kaffe's introspector work?

Nope.  That's the reason for the patch...

Well, I don't think any tomcat or ant component will use BeanDescriptor
to alter the name of the property setters, so it shouldn't matter too
much.

Kaffe is the only VM on many platforms, and until they fix the bean
intospection we should just leave it in.

Costin

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/startup tomcat.xml

Posted by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net>.
fair enough, after all you did leave in the old code.  Does kafee know about
this bug?  (off topic, no response needed)

--Danno