Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by nandkumar rayanker <nr...@sbcglobal.net> on 2002/10/23 01:32:14 UTC

Re: Need Help URGENT

Hi,

Forther to the request already made in my previous
mail I would like to know:

- Whether I can use lucene to search the remote site
or not?

Here is what I wnt to do.
-Install Licene and search and create search info for
a given URL.

-Search the info from search info already created .

Can do this sort of things using Lucene or not?

thanks and regards
Nandkumar

--- nandkumar rayanker <nr...@sbcglobal.net>

Re: Bitset Filters

Posted by Che Dong <ch...@hotmail.com>.
I wrote a StringFilter for exactly match and prefix match field filter
http://www.chedong.com/tech/lucene_ext.tar.gz

Che, Dong
Posted by Kelvin Tan <ke...@relevanz.com>.
Terry,

What you typically want to do is something along the lines of

BitSet bits = new BitSet(reader.maxDoc());
Term t = new Term(field, fieldValue);
TermDocs termDocs = reader.termDocs(t);
try
{
    while (termDocs.next())
    {
        int docNumber = termDocs.doc();
        bits.set(docNumber);
    }
}
finally
{
    if (termDocs != null) termDocs.close();
}

this searches for all documents containing the term t, then allowing these
documents to be returned (note: everything else is disallowed by default).

Regards,
Kelvin

Re: Bitset Filters

Posted by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>.

Re: Bitset Filters

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.

Bitset Filters

Re: Need Help URGENT

Posted by nandkumar rayanker <nr...@sbcglobal.net>.
Thanks and appreciate your input and will go thru
suggestions and see how it supports the feature that I
need .

thanks and regards
Nandkumar

Re: Need Help URGENT