Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Evers Benno <be...@yandex-team.ru> on 2016/02/01 11:49:49 UTC

Re: IPv6 support in Mesos

Yes, we also would like to see both. The goal is to be able to run mesos
in an ipv6-only network without additional machine-specific network
configuration (i.e. NAT, tunnels, etc.) Containers actually aren't our
focus right now, but as you say it shouldn't be too hard to enable
communication between executor and agent.

If I understand your overlay idea correctly, it would be some kind of
address translation in order to keep using (possibly virtual)
IPv4-addresses but use IPv6 as the actual transport stream? That seems
like it would be pretty hard to configure and maintain.

Best,
Benno