Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/12/12 14:59:11 UTC

Re: 1.0.0 patches...

> ALSO
>
> There's a 54.quiet_log_modules_when_not_configured.patch in
> for_Apache_1.0.0.  This looks like a feature enhancement and not a bug
> fix (unless I'm rong), so should really be in for_Apache_1.1a0 (or b0
> or whatever).  Randy?

*sigh*

Once again....

This patch fixes the problem in the modules where

1. mod_cookies - silently failed to open the logfile if it did
   not exist.
2. mod_log_agent and mod_log_refer could not be turned off.

The significance of these is that binary releases distributed
with these modules include would do this logging and could not
be turned off.  I think these patches are important if we are
going to include these modules compiled into binaries.

From: randy@zyzzyva.com (Randy Terbush)
Subject: Silence mod_log_referer and mod_log_agent if not configured
Affects: mod_log_agent.c mod_log_referer.c mod_cookies.c
ChangeLog: Silence mod_log_referer and mod_log_agent if not configured