Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2013/04/16 18:49:52 UTC

[FalconJX][FlexJS] New FlexJSOveray.zip now uses FalconJX instead of FalconJS

Hi,

I have posted an updated FlexJSOverlay.zip at [1].

This version replaces the FalconJS compiler with the FalconJX compiler.  I
think we can officially retire the FalconJS code base.  Remember, this is
all still prototype work and FalconJX is a newer code base so there are
probably plenty of bugs left to be found and fixed.  Also, FalconJX seems to
have a different class of output errors.  FalconJS generally handled the
different output scenarios but may have had bugs in the codegen for the
scenario whereas FalconJX may think that what should be two different output
scenarios are the same and generate incorrect code.  For example FalconJS
seems to always know when it is generating code for a setter instead of a
variable, but FalconJX may not get that right in all cases.

The example app is posted in subfolders of the above link.  The JS versions
are running on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE8 and IE9.  The source is
available at [2].  I haven't wired up the right-click in the new framework
to a "view source" option.  Also, IE8 and IE9 may not fetch the stock price
when run from these links since it is using XMLHTTPRequest and CORS may
prevent it.  It depends on your trust settings in IE's Internet Options.
You might want to copy it to your intranet to really see it run.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~aharui/FlexJS/
[2] http://people.apache.org/~aharui/FlexJS/bin-release/srcview/

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [FalconJX][FlexJS] New FlexJSOveray.zip now uses FalconJX instead of FalconJS

Posted by aYo ~ <ay...@binitie.com>.
nice one sir, bon joue!!

Re: [FalconJX][FlexJS] New FlexJSOveray.zip now uses FalconJX instead of FalconJS

Posted by jun funakura <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Alex

sorry I'm late.

In my case , I was change the labeltext in FlexJSTest_again.mxml

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flex-asjs.git;a=blob;f=examples/FlexJSTest_again/src/FlexJSTest_again.mxml;h=2f3cbbdd0dfc5778cae9cf131f1d333711656dc0;hb=ebdc5a74a4bfc5ddf715e3b8dd0bbc58f02c3861

Original code:
initialize="MyModel(model).labelText='Hello World'"

After change:
initialize="MyModel(model).labelText='こんにちは 世界'"

So, compiled JSApp(with -Dfile.encoding option) label is "こんにちは 世界".

but without option result is bellow.
����ɂ��� ���E

if you don't read these messages I'll post sample and results to somewhere.

Jun Funakura

 Alex Harui aharui@adobe.com:

Posted by jun funakura <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have posted new version of FlexJS test results.
http://www.noridon.net/flexjs/

My change mxml file is bellow. from FlexJSTest_again
http://www.noridon.net/flexjs/FlexJSTestAgain.mxml

swf version of app:
http://www.noridon.net/flexjs/bin-release/FlexJSTestAgain.swf

js version of app:
http://www.noridon.net/flexjs/js-release/index.html
These compiled app was compiled new version of FlexJSOverLay.zip

previous version vs new version compare image:
http://www.noridon.net/flexjs/flexJS-compare.png

My Test Environment:
OS X 10.8.2 + Flash builder 4.7 + FlexJSOverLay.zip

add also it works fine at
Windows 7 + IE9 + Flash Builder 4.6 + FlexJS environment

Thanks, great works!

--
Jun Funakura

Posted by jun funakura <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK, we'll look into it.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by jun funakura <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/17/13 6:13 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I'm currently wrestling the 'JSFlexJSEmitter::emitIdentifier()' beast,
> in order to get the self/this references under control.
>
> I'm aiming to completely get rid of 'var self = this;' and use 'this'
> when required by JS and 'goog.bind' when a self reference was needed
> as an argument for a function call...
OK, good luck with that.  In theory I have added enough tests to catch any
issues with your changes (once you replace 'self' with 'this' in the tests).

There are currently a lot of 'if' cases in emitIdentifier.  I keep thinking
it can be much simpler, that:

1) if you get an identifer not in a MemberAccessExpression, you check if it
is local or a param, then if it is a member and only then add 'this'
2) if you are in a MemberAccessExpression, you have to walk up the tree of
MemberAccessExpressions to determine if you are the leftmost identifier.
That's the only other situation where you need to add 'this', or if a
static, add the full path.
3) you check if you are the rightmost node in a tree of
MemberAccessExpressions and if it is an assignment, and only then use the
setter pattern
4) you check if you are a function as a parameter and add goog.bind.

But I could be wrong about that.  I did add code for #2 and #3 in parts of
emitIdentifier, but I didn't put it everywhere because I was also thinking
of refactoring emitIdentifer, but I'm more than happy to let you take it on.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Ok,

I'm currently wrestling the 'JSFlexJSEmitter::emitIdentifier()' beast,
in order to get the self/this references under control.

I'm aiming to completely get rid of 'var self = this;' and use 'this'
when required by JS and 'goog.bind' when a self reference was needed
as an argument for a function call...

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [FalconJX][FlexJS] New FlexJSOveray.zip now uses FalconJX instead of FalconJS

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Alex,

--