Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rubdabadub <ru...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/06 00:22:25 UTC

Questions about facets?

Hi list:

I am trying to understand facets. I have read the wiki pages. Am I
correct to say

- A facet field must be defined xxx_facet?
- If I have the following data under xxx_facet i.e monitor, tv, plasma
tv, lcd tv .. will the facets will be (Thinking about the wiki
example)

<response>
<lst name="facet_counts">
 <lst name="facet_queries"/>
 <lst name="facet_fields">
  <lst name="cat">
        <int name="tv">1</int>
        <int name="plasma tv">1</int>
        <int name="lcd tv">1</int>
  </lst>
</response>
or will it be
          <int name="tv">3</int>.

I am trying to understand how facets gets counted i.e how the term
"tv" in the example is being treated? How can I treat "Plasma TV" as a
category?

Regards

Re: Questions about facets?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Just to clarify something that you mentioned for others... a facet
field name can be anything of your choosing.  Solr itself does not
have any special naming conventions on any field.

But, I am establishing some field naming conventions for the Ruby
work in solrb/Flare with a customized schema.  I'm still not sure how
these will evolve though.

	Erik

Re: Questions about facets?

Posted by rubdabadub <ru...@gmail.com>.