Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Mathias Schwaninger <mu...@gmx.net> on 2005/09/27 10:24:14 UTC

Problem with MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager and registerProtocol

Hi,

i have a problem using the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager class.
It works very well if i use it as standard like this:

oHttpCon = new HttpClient(new MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager() );
oHttpCon.getHostConfiguration().setHost(oHostUrl.getHost(),
oHostUrl.getPort());

But now i want to register my own SocketFactory so i changed the source as
follows

oHttpCon = new HttpClient(new MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager() );
Protocol http = new Protocol("http",
                          new StrictSocketFactory(nRangeLow,nRangeHigh),
                          80
                         );
Protocol.registerProtocol("http",http);
oHttpCon.getHostConfiguration().setHost(oHostUrl.getHost(),
oHostUrl.getPort(), http );

This results in the following error message by
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager when freeing the connection.

27.09.2005
09:30:09
org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$ConnectionPool
freeConnection
SCHWERWIEGEND: Host connection pool not found,
hostConfig=HostConfiguration[host=localhost, protocol=http:80, port=6260]

I think the only difference between this two scenarios is the Protocol stuff
but i don't know why this results in that error message.
Any suggestions ?
I'm using HttpClient 2.0 final.

Regards,
Mathias