Posted to user@flink.apache.org by shishal singh <sh...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/30 13:32:41 UTC

Flink Elasticsearch connector 7 with SSL

Hi Flink community members,

In my flink job, I am trying to use *elasticsearch7* connector. I could not
find a way to communicate over SSL when using *Elasticsearch7SinkBuilder* Am
I missing something?

Also there is an deprecated class *ElasticsearchSink.Builder* where it has
*RestClientFactory* which I can use to setup https connection but since
this class is deprecated thus wondering if same is possible with
*Elasticsearch7SinkBuilder*.

Also since there is no connector for *elasticsearch 8* yet, Is it possible
to use any of the above clients with elastic 8?

Note: Earlier it used to be elastic connector compatibility matrix in Flink
doc but I could not find it any more in latest version of doc.

Re: Flink Elasticsearch connector 7 with SSL

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Shishal,

Please don't cross-post your question in multiple channels. As answered in
Slack, SSL connections to Elasticsearch7 are currently not supported and
are tracked under https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-27054

An Elasticsearch8 connector is being tracked under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-26088. You can't use the ES7
connector to connect to an ES8 cluster.

Best regards,

Martijn