Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Andraschko <zo...@googlemail.com> on 2012/02/23 14:51:44 UTC

Weird partial-response behavior with 2 partial-response tags

Hi,

i have a weird behavior on some partial requests/responses.
If i get a exception a partial request, my ExceptionHandler will be called
and a redirect to my own error page will be done.

However, PrimeFaces throws an FacesException if a component can not be
found (I think this is the same behavior as with MyFaces or Mojarra).
In this case, 2x partial-response tags will rendered.

What MyFaces do:

-start writing partial response
-render components
-end writing partial response
-exception (Can not find component occured)
-call ExceptionHandler
-write next partial response with redirect tag

So PrimeFaces does only check the first partial-response tag and so it does
not redirect to the page.

I this behavior really correct in this way? Or should i create an issue?

Best regards,
Thomas

Re: Weird partial-response behavior with 2 partial-response tags

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <zo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

it does not work in Mojarra, too.
Mojarra does not have handled or unhandles exception in my custom
ExceptionHandler.
So it would be an cool feature in MyFaces :)

Regards,
Thomas

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <zo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,