Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1996/05/24 17:25:33 UTC

Re: Sun's Web Server Performance tests?

> > > No no, Zeus is the product name of their Internet-equipped line of
> > > UltraSparcs.
> >
> > Well, if that's the case downloading it should be fun :-)
> >
> > (Take a look at the above web page, I think you'll find you're wrong).
>
> Yup, very.  Sorry, I shouldn't be trying to think at 1am.
>
> Doesn't the Zeus server have a bunch of Apache code in it?  I browsed
> their pages and couldn't see any reference to Apache whatsoever.
>
> -Rasmus

Other than the poor showing that they give us in the benchmarks.
They apparently tested an older version since they make the point
that Keep-Alives are not supported. I also thought that their
largest filesize of 5K that was tested is not representative of
the real world. The results seemed to be evening out at 5K.