Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Flaherty <pf...@rampageinc.com> on 2010/03/23 18:43:00 UTC

What should docbase be set to ?

Hello,

I am deploying a single app under the ROOT context. My appbase is c:/
comapany/myapps.
So my app is in c:/company/myapps/ROOT.

My question is for *both* Tomcat 5.5.23 and 6.0.20, in my context.xml
what should my docbase be set to ?

Right now I have it set to  docbase="".

Thanks

RE: What should docbase be set to ?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Patrick Flaherty [mailto:pflahrty@rampageinc.com]
> Subject: What should docbase be set to ?
>
> I am deploying a single app under the ROOT context.
> My appbase is c:/comapany/myapps.
> So my app is in c:/company/myapps/ROOT.
>
> My question is for *both* Tomcat 5.5.23 and 6.0.20, in my context.xml
> what should my docbase be set to ?

It shouldn't be set at all.  Omit the docBase attribute for any webapp located in the <Host> appBase directory.

 - Chuck