Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Mark Bretl <mb...@pivotal.io> on 2015/11/06 01:44:37 UTC

GEODE-227: All versions in one file

Hi All,

I wanted to give a quick update on the affects of GEODE-227 now checked in
on develop. This check in moved all the scattered dependency versions in
all the build files into a single dependency-versions.properties file in
the gradle directory.

Two items:
1. Adding new dependency: If a new dependency needs to be added, add the
version information into the dependency-versions.properties file and then
follow the pattern from the other dependency items.
2. Update dependency version: If updating a version dependency, this only
needs to be done by modifying the dependency-versions.properties file.

This should hopefully make managing our build dependencies and their
versions in a much better way.

--
Mark Bretl
Software Build Engineer