Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> on 2011/10/13 02:03:51 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduation of Deltacloud to TLP

Hi all,

the Deltacloud community and mentors feel that we are ready to graduate
to a toplevel Apache project.

A while ago, we held a vote on the deltacloud-dev mailing list[1] about
graduation, with 8 +1 votes (2 from mentors) and no 0 or -1 votes[2].

Since we started incubation, we've made 4 releases and added 3 new
contributors[3]

We would like to move the process of graduation forward; to that end, I
would like feedback on the draft resolution (included below) and,
assuming the discussion doesn't turn up any absolute blockers, call for
a vote for the IPMC on this list on 2011-10-17.

cheers,
David

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-deltacloud-dev/201108.mbox/%3C1313190921.5165.4.camel@avon.watzmann.net%3E
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-deltacloud-dev/201109.mbox/%3C1316040219.17880.34.camel@avon.watzmann.net%3E
[3] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/deltacloud.html

Draft resolution:

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software implementing web service API's for interacting
with cloud providers, and corresponding client libraries, for
distribution at no charge to the public.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Deltacloud Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Deltacloud Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to web
service API's for interacting with cloud providers, and corresponding
client libraries; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Deltacloud" be and hereby
is created, the person holding such office to serve at the direction of
the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Deltacloud Project,
and to have primary responsibility for management of the projects within
the scope of responsibility of the Apache Deltacloud Project; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Deltacloud
Project:

  * Marios Andreou     (marios@apache.org)
  * Michal Fojtik      (mfojtik@apache.org)
  * Jim Jagielski      (jim@apache.org)
  * Chris Lalancette   (clalance@apache.org)
  * David Lutterkort   (lutter@apache.org)
  * Sang-Min Park      (spark@apache.org)
  * Eric Woods         (woodser@apache.org)

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Lutterkort be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Deltacloud, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Deltacloud Project be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open
development and increased participation in the Deltacloud Project; and
be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Deltacloud Project be and hereby is
tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
Deltacloud podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Deltacloud podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
hereafter discharged.

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation of Deltacloud to TLP

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.
One small correction to the draft resolution:

On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 17:03 -0700, David Lutterkort wrote:
> RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
> appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Deltacloud
> Project:
>
>   * Marios Andreou     (marios@apache.org)
>   * Michal Fojtik      (mfojtik@apache.org)
>   * Jim Jagielski      (jim@apache.org)
>   * Chris Lalancette   (clalance@apache.org)
>   * David Lutterkort   (lutter@apache.org)
>   * Sang-Min Park      (spark@apache.org)
>   * Eric Woods         (woodser@apache.org)

Add to this list our sponsor, Carl Trieloff (cctrieloff@apache.org)

David

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation of Deltacloud to TLP

Posted by Michael Fitzner <fi...@googlemail.com>.
Michael.Fitzner@bmw.de

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Just a FYI that at the last board meeting, we approved the
resolution for Deltacloud's graduation!

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation of Deltacloud to TLP

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation of Deltacloud to TLP

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de