Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Hinrich Aue <hi...@lci-software.com> on 2007/03/15 17:50:47 UTC

page numbering in fo/pdf output (FOP 0.93)

Hello everybody,

I've noticed that you can change page numbering in a PDF in the following
way:

In out PDF generated with FOP (from docbook of course) the page number
displayer in adobe reader looks like this:

for page 1. Even though page 1 is numbered I (roman)

due to this in our document the first page numbered Arabic is

Though the page number _on_ the page is 1.

But you can make it look like this:

II (2 of 100)

And

1 (20 if 100)

Is this possible in docbook/fop?

Thanks,

            Hinrich

AW: page numbering in fo/pdf output (FOP 0.93)

Posted by Hinrich Aue <hi...@lci-software.com>.
Thanks for the answer.

What you obviously need is support for PDF "PageLabels" (Chapter 8.3.1
in PDF 1.4). That's currently not implemented in FOP. Sorry. Shouldn't
be too hard to implement, though.

On 15.03.2007 17:50:47 Hinrich Aue wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've noticed that you can change page numbering in a PDF in the following
> way:
>
> In out PDF generated with FOP (from docbook of course) the page number
> displayer in adobe reader looks like this:

> for page 1. Even though page 1 is numbered I (roman)
> due to this in our document the first page numbered Arabic is

> Though the page number _on_ the page is 1.
>
> But you can make it look like this:
>
> II (2 of 100)
>
> And
>
> 1 (20 if 100)
>
> Is this possible in docbook/fop?
>
> Thanks,
>
>             Hinrich

Jeremias Maerki

Re: page numbering in fo/pdf output (FOP 0.93)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
What you obviously need is support for PDF "PageLabels" (Chapter 8.3.1
in PDF 1.4). That's currently not implemented in FOP. Sorry. Shouldn't
be too hard to implement, though.

On 15.03.2007 17:50:47 Hinrich Aue wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've noticed that you can change page numbering in a PDF in the following
> way:
>
> In out PDF generated with FOP (from docbook of course) the page number
> displayer in adobe reader looks like this:

> for page 1. Even though page 1 is numbered I (roman)
> due to this in our document the first page numbered Arabic is

> Though the page number _on_ the page is 1.
>
> But you can make it look like this:
>
> II (2 of 100)
>
> And
>
> 1 (20 if 100)