Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JS <sm...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk> on 2003/04/22 00:00:06 UTC

Accessing localhost from a remote computer

Hi there, has anyone experienced this problem before.
Basically, I have connected my laptop to the university network and have
an IP allocated to my machine automatically.
Most students who are using tomcat can then log onto another of the
machines on the network and browse the apps on their localhost. For some
reason I cannot do this when I have my tomcat server running.
Is there a setting that I need to activate so that I can look at my
machine remotely??? By the way, Im the only one who is using the Java Web
Services Developer Pack, which has a preinstalled version of tomcat 4.1.2
Thanks

Re: Accessing localhost from a remote computer

Posted by JS <sm...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk>.
Hi Tim,
much appreciated cheers.
Here's the latest:

I ran netstat, output is below...
C:\WINDOWS\jwsdp-1_0_01>netstat -a

Active Connections

  Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
  TCP    oemcomputer:8080       OEMCOMPUTER:0          LISTENING
  TCP    oemcomputer:8081       OEMCOMPUTER:0          LISTENING
  TCP    oemcomputer:1032       OEMCOMPUTER:0          LISTENING
  TCP    oemcomputer:1073       OEMCOMPUTER:0          LISTENING
  TCP    oemcomputer:1168       OEMCOMPUTER:0          LISTENING
  TCP    oemcomputer:137        OEMCOMPUTER:0          LISTENING
  TCP    oemcomputer:138        OEMCOMPUTER:0          LISTENING
  TCP    oemcomputer:nbsession  OEMCOMPUTER:0          LISTENING
  UDP    oemcomputer:1032       *:*
  UDP    oemcomputer:1073       *:*
  UDP    oemcomputer:1168       *:*
  UDP    oemcomputer:nbname     *:*
  UDP    oemcomputer:nbdatagram  *:*

Is everything in order here??

Back in server.xml, there are no address attributes with the connector
elements. In fact, no address attrbutes in the whole file.Is there a specific order for the use of atrtributes??

Thanks again.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Oops, yeah, server.xml.

Posted by JS <sm...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk>.