Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/09/30 20:15:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.4.5 (candidate 0)

Hi all,

  I have created a candidate build for ZooKeeper 3.4.5. 2 JIRAs are
 addressed in this release. This includes the critical bugfix ZOOKEEPER-1550
 which address the client connection issue.

 *** Please download, test and VOTE before the
 *** vote closes  12:00  midnight PT on Friday, Oct 5th.***

Note that I am extending the vote period for a little longer so that
folks get time to test this out.

 http://people.apache.org/~mahadev/zookeeper-3.4.5-candidate-0/

 Should we release this?

 thanks
 mahadev

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Not sure if it's a blocker or some intermittent test issue, but I just
filed this. Jenkins sasl test failure on jdk7:

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Seems reasonable. I just got builds@ to add openjdk6/7 support to
jenkins, I plan to add jobs for those as well.

Patrick

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
I spoke too soon, it seems the correct jdk version is not being used,
I'm looking into it.

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
The INFRA jira was resolved and I updated the jenkins jobs related to
this issue.

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
I used jdk6 and jdk7 and it was fine. Based on Eugene's findings I
don't see any reason not to continue, I'm still +1.

Patrick

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mahadev. It looks like the patch on 1560 is not a fix - its a
test that reproduces the bug.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Ted. Will review the changes over the weekend.

Thanks again
mahadev

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mahadev,

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I saw one test failure:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

#10 corresponded to ZooKeeper_branch34_openjdk7 build #7,
#8 corresponded to ZooKeeper_branch34_openjdk7 build #5

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Good point Ted.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
+1

I tested using zkServer.sh to start the server and zkCli.sh to run
some queries. The issue reported in 3.4.4 seems to be gone now.

Thanks Mahadev!
--Michi

Posted by Hanno Schlichting <ha...@hannosch.eu>.