Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Jarman <aj...@exceedia.com> on 2001/08/01 00:57:28 UTC

How to increase HTTP timeout?

I'm using Tomcat 3.2.3, and I would like to increase the HTTP timeout from 5
min to something a bit longer.

I have an application that sends XML to the server, which generates a
report.  Sometimes the server takes a long time to generate the file, which
results in an aborted report.  The XML requester on the client has a 1 hour
timeout, so I have no problem there right now.

I realize this isn't an ideal setup, but I need to deploy what I have
working now, and fix the architecture later.

How can I do this without hacking the source code, or is this the only way.

BTW, I'm using the HTTP listener, not AJP12 or AJP13.  I have a load
balancer that will direct servlet requests to my TomCat servers, and static
content to Apache servers.

Thanks,
Andrew

 Andrew Jarman, P.Eng, Internet Infrastructure Manager
 Exceedia, Inc.
   direct tel:780.699.5803   tel:780.413.1521   fax:780.413.0474
   "Exceedia -- Track labor, equipment and materials more efficiently."
     <http://www.exceedia.com/> www.exceedia.com