Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Erik Tews <er...@gmx.net> on 2000/06/02 21:20:02 UTC

build/6143: I tryed to execute configure after buildconf

>Number:         6143
>Category:       build
>Synopsis:       I tryed to execute configure after buildconf
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Jun 02 12:30:01 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     erik.tews@gmx.net
>Release:        2.0a3
>Environment:
Linux linux.s390.org 2.2.14-4IPLvrdr #1 SMP Son Feb 6 04:14:19 CET 2000 s390 unknown

It is an IBM S/390 mainframe with linux.
OK, here is the full output of configure

checking for mawk... (cached) gawk
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking for AIX... no
checking for POSIXized ISC... no
checking for minix/config.h... (cached) no
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for ctype.h... (cached) yes
checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/time.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/socket.h... (cached) yes
checking for netinet/in.h... (cached) yes
checking for netinet/tcp.h... (cached) yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... (cached) yes
checking for netdb.h... (cached) yes
checking for pwd.h... (cached) yes
checking for grp.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... (cached) yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... (cached) time.h
checking for EAGAIN in errno.h... (cached) yes
checking for working const... (cached) yes
checking for inline... (cached) inline
checking for pid_t... (cached) yes
checking for strdup... (cached) yes
checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for strncasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for strstr... (cached) yes
checking for strerror... (cached) yes
checking for initgroups... (cached) yes
checking for waitpid... (cached) yes
checking for gettimeofday... (cached) yes
checking for memmove... (cached) yes
checking for bzero... (cached) yes
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... (cached) yes
checking for gethostname in -lnsl... (cached) yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... (cached) no
checking for sethostent in -lresolv... (cached) yes
checking for inet_addr... (cached) yes
checking whether system defines INADDR_NONE... (cached) yes
checking whether system uses EBCDIC... (cached) no
checking types of arguments for select()... (cached) int,fd_set *,struct timeval *
checking for chosen layout... Apache
checking for gethostname in -lnsl... (cached) yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... (cached) no
checking for gethostbyaddr in -lnsl... (cached) yes
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... (cached) yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for bstring.h... (cached) no
checking for crypt.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/resource.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/select.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/processor.h... (cached) no
checking for rlim_t... (cached) yes
checking for tm_gmtoff in struct tm... (cached) yes
checking for difftime... (cached) yes
checking for syslog... (cached) yes
checking which MPM to use... dexter
checking for pthreads_cflags... (cached) -pthread
checking for pthreads_lib... (cached)
checking for which threading library to use... POSIX Threads found
checking whether system defines SHM_R,SHM_W... (cached) yes
checking for pthread.h... (cached) yes
checking for pthread_create... (cached) yes
checking for shmget... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes
checking for working mmap... (cached) yes
checking which shared memory mechanism to use... shmget
checking for extra modules... no extra modules
checking whether to enable mod_vhost_alias... no
checking whether to enable mod_env... yes
checking whether to enable mod_log_config... yes
checking whether to enable mod_mime_magic... no
checking whether to enable mod_mime... yes
checking whether to enable mod_negotiation... yes
checking whether to enable mod_status... no
checking whether to enable mod_include... yes
checking whether to enable mod_autoindex... yes
checking whether to enable mod_dir... yes
checking whether to enable mod_cgi... yes
checking whether to enable mod_asis... yes
checking whether to enable mod_imap... yes
checking whether to enable mod_actions... yes
checking whether to enable mod_speling... no
checking whether to enable mod_userdir... yes
checking whether to enable mod_alias... yes
checking whether to enable mod_rewrite... no
checking whether to enable mod_access... yes
checking whether to enable mod_auth... yes
checking whether to enable mod_auth_anon... no
checking whether to enable mod_auth_dbm... no
checking whether to enable mod_auth_db... no
checking whether to enable mod_auth_digest... no
checking whether to enable mod_cern_meta... no
checking whether to enable mod_expires... no
checking whether to enable mod_headers... no
checking whether to enable mod_usertrack... no
checking whether to enable mod_unique_id... no
checking whether to enable mod_so... no
checking whether to enable mod_setenvif... yes
checking whether to enable mod_echo... yes
checking for target platform... unix
checking for setsid... (cached) yes
checking for killpg... (cached) yes
checking for sys_siglist declaration in signal.h or unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for memmove... (cached) yes
checking whether to use the provided HS regex library... yes
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `s390-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `s390-unknown' not recognized

checking build system type... Invalid configuration `s390-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `s390-unknown' not recognized

checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `s390-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `s390-unknown' not recognized

configure: error: libtool configure failed
>How-To-Repeat:
It is easy, just go to the next IBM S/390 mainframe with linux you can find, and try to compile your Apache version 2.0a3. Or contact me, if you got future questions.
>Fix:
I am not exactly shure what is wrong. But somehow, s390-unknown-linux-gnu is unknown to configure. If you are intrested, I can send you the full source of the configure which was created on my system.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]