Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2008/02/01 08:00:46 UTC

Re: [general] harmony launch failed on AMD Geode LX

Ilya wrote:

> BTW, it's odd, but Geode LX databook [1] says that this processor supports
> MMX, and 'sfence' is listed in the list of it's MMX instructions...
>
> [1] http://www.amd.com/files/connectivitysolutions/geode/geode_lx/
> 33234F_LX_databook.pdf

Actually I'm testing on a VIA C3 but it should be pretty similar since it
supports both MMX and 3dNow.

Perhaps the Geode does support sfence but my VIA C3 certainly does not and
according to:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_instruction_listings

sfence is an SSE instruction.  (There is no "citation needed" so I assume
it is accurate.)

-Mark.