Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/01/13 03:48:59 UTC

[Discuss] Apache Stratos 4.1.0-Alpha Developer Preview Preparation

Hi Devs,

I think we have now completed all the features required for 4.1.0-Alpha
developer preview. Please raise if we have missed anything.

IMO we can now update JIRA and once everyone agrees we can extract
tasks/features/improvements list, create the tag and announce 4.1.0-Alpha
developer preview. WDYT?

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Apache Stratos 4.1.0-Alpha Developer Preview Preparation

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Mari,

Great work! The document looks good now!
No, we couldn't disable Mock IaaS in the default configuration. I will do
that change now.

Today we did several fixes after creating the 4.1.0-alpha tag, IMO we will
need to re-create the tag to include these changes:

Thanks

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Great work Imesh!

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
I think we have now fixed almost all the issues found recently.

I have started a clean repo build in an EC2 instance to verify wether there
are any compilation problems. At the moment I'm updating JIRA with missing
tasks/features and verifying sample application scenarios with Mock IaaS.
Appreciate if others can also verify all the grouping scenarios.

Once this is done we should be able create the tag and announce 4.1.0-alpha
developer preview.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Cool!

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks Nirmal, I think for the time being its ok. Will discuss and see any
> requirement to move it.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Please feel free to copy the Kubernetes setup from my repo and maintain
>> under the Stratos repo (if you feel it's good to have it in the Stratos
>> repo itself).
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Manula!
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Chamila de Alwis
>>> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
>>> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Nirmal
>>
>> Nirmal Fernando.
>> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
>>
>> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Manula!

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chamila,

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Lakmal,
>
> We have now moved all sample applications and docker image files to
> stratos git repository. We may need to mention this in the documentation
> and getting started guide.

Yes of course.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Lakmal,