Posted to issues@commons.apache.org by Aaron Zeckoski <aa...@vt.edu> on 2008/04/28 09:42:19 UTC

commons-beanutils: getter and setter for caches in PropertyUtilsBean

Apologies if this is the wrong list for this.

We have an extension to commons beanutils which allows us to make it
work with public fields as well (and a few other improvements we
needed like deep cloning). In 1.8.0-BETA it is easier to handle this
extension (thanks!) but it could be even easier if there was a way to
get and set the caches which are used for storing the
PropertyDescriptors. Just switching the type from FastHashMap to Map
and making a setter and getter which are publicly visible would be
enough to reduce our the work in extending this significantly.

I can submit a patch for this if that is the better way to go about it
but I thought I would see what people thought first. Would this be
generally useful?
Thanks
-AZ

--
Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz@vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University