Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jean-Noël Rivasseau <el...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/23 15:54:22 UTC

How to pass Java system properties to a task defined in a taskdef ?

Hello,

I am launching Ant with a modified user.home property. This property is
apparently not passed down to one of my tasks, defined in a taskdef. Why?
Does Ant fork a new VM for executing such tasks? In any case, how can I pass
this property to the task being executed, it's essential for me.

I had a look at the source but could not really understand where to look to
understand how things worked.

Thanks,

Jean-Noel

Re: How to pass Java system properties to a task defined in a taskdef ?

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, I was waiting for an answer.

Cheers
Avlesh

Posted by Jean-Noël Rivasseau <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Noël Rivasseau <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Noël Rivasseau <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <sf...@nc.rr.com>.

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <sf...@nc.rr.com>.

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <sf...@nc.rr.com>.

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <sf...@nc.rr.com>.
Just curious - you mention a modified user.home property...  How are you
modifying it?

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Jean-Noël Rivasseau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am launching Ant with a modified user.home property. This property is
> apparently not passed down to one of my tasks, defined in a taskdef. Why?
> Does Ant fork a new VM for executing such tasks? In any case, how can I pass
> this property to the task being executed, it's essential for me.
>
> I had a look at the source but could not really understand where to look to
> understand how things worked.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jean-Noel

Scot P. Floess