Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Cruz, Edward J." <e....@radium.ncsc.mil> on 2003/03/20 22:40:04 UTC

Question on the struts-validator example distributed.

I have the march 20th Nightly build for Struts.  I placed the
struts-validator.war that is packaged with this in tomcat 4.0 webapps
folder.  I start tomcat and go to the webapp.  However, none of the
validators work.  I fill in incorrect information on purpose and it does
nothing except send me back to input page with no messages and on the
javascript version I get no popup menu.

As I looked into the source and the configuration files I noticed the
ActionForms created for the various forms in the application have member
variable names that do not match those in the validation.xml file.  This
would cause the validator not to work right?

I am just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the
struts-validator.war example distributed with struts.

Jamie Cruz
Software Engineering
e.cruz@radium.ncsc.mil
(301)688-1430