Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/17 01:42:52 UTC

"Getting started with Shindig" guide

I was wondering if there is a "Getting started with Shindig" guide.
These guides are very useful as part of user documentation and help
get people on the community up to speed more quickly, and also help
share to others what Shindig is all about and how to get hands on and
start playing with it.  If there isn't one, I'd like to get something
going on this area, and would probably produce something similar to
what we have done in Tuscany [1].

Thoughts ? Ideas for a draft outline ?

[1] - http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/getting-started-with-tuscany.html

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: "Getting started with Shindig" guide

Posted by Dan Peterson <dp...@google.com>.
Shindig today doesn't have a social graph connected to it, so, for example,
the "get friends" call doesn't have any information to pull from. This is
something that Cassie and others are working on to provide an interface for,
and flatfile implementation of a social graph, and app data. Cassie had her
first commit last night on this front, so there is definitely progress being
made.

Cheers,
-Dan

Posted by j pimmel <fr...@googlemail.com>.