Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Agustín Gañán <ag...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/01 12:42:34 UTC

Sling launchpad builder question

Hi all,

Recently I found that there is a new project in Sling, the launchpad builder.
I used to build my sling based application (sling + additional bundles
+ configuration files) following the sling launchpad webapp project
stylebut now I would like to use the maven launchap plugin, like the
sling builder project.

I'm not quite sure what are the steps, correct me please:

1.- Configure maven-launchap-plugin with the "prepare-package" goal.
2.- Configure my custom bundles with the "additionalBundles"
configuration option.
3.- Configure the maven-war-plugin to add my custom *.properties files
to the generated war.

Is this correct? I'm missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Agus

Re: Sling launchpad builder question

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On 9/1/10 6:42 AM, Agustín Gañán wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently I found that there is a new project in Sling, the launchpad builder.
> I used to build my sling based application (sling + additional bundles
> + configuration files) following the sling launchpad webapp project
> stylebut now I would like to use the maven launchap plugin, like the
> sling builder project.
>
> I'm not quite sure what are the steps, correct me please:
>
> 1.- Configure maven-launchap-plugin with the "prepare-package" goal.
> 2.- Configure my custom bundles with the "additionalBundles"
> configuration option.
This can also be done by providing a src/main/bundles/list.xml file. At
package time, this list is combined with the default list (from the
builder project). See, for example,
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/launchpad/testing/src/main/bundles/list.xml

> 3.- Configure the maven-war-plugin to add my custom *.properties files
> to the generated war.
>
> Is this correct? I'm missing something?
You might also want to look at the launchpad-webapp archetype. I wasn't
planning on releasing it until after Sling 6, but it is in the source
tree now (in maven/archetypes/launchpad-webapp).

Justin