Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Wilson <an...@tees.elsevier.co.uk> on 1995/10/11 10:58:56 UTC

Imagemap query (forwarded)

Sorry, it's not mainstream server stuff.  Friend wants the image-map
gear to be a bit more clever.  Anyone feel like taking this on?

Ay.

----- Begin Included Message -----

Re: Imagemap query (forwarded)

Posted by Tony Sanders <sa...@bsdi.com>.
Andrew Wilson writes:
> Sorry, it's not mainstream server stuff.  Friend wants the image-map
> gear to be a bit more clever.  Anyone feel like taking this on?
> With the imagemap module, it'd be damn nice to have another directive,
> something along the lines of "nocoord", which is given to the client
> when no coordinates were specified.  The advantage of this is that

Whomever does should take a look at:

	http://www.bsdi.com/server/walk/walk.html
driven by:
	http://www.bsdi.com/server/util/decode%2epl
and the configuration file:
	http://www.bsdi.com/server/walk/walk.map

It allows the user to specify **text in the map file** or as a
default URL.

See also my previous comments about imagemaping in this forum ;-)