Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/21 04:02:28 UTC

Some suggestion

Hi,

JetSpeed now saves the user profile individually.

1) Can all users only reference one profile ?
2) As the above feature, I think it should separate
the user profile into two. One for the content(what
portlets in the pane), another one for the layout or
other personal settings of each portlet.

This can allow administrator control displaying the
content to the user and also keep users have their
layout styles.

Best regards,
Eric

=====

RE: Some suggestion

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Hi Eric,

> JetSpeed now saves the user profile individually.
>
> 1) Can all users only reference one profile ?

Role-based profile support was added recently.

http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg02390.htm

> 2) As the above feature, I think it should separate
> the user profile into two. One for the content(what
> portlets in the pane), another one for the layout or
> other personal settings of each portlet.

It sounds like a template, I like the idea,
But that's not implemented at this time.

There are some ways with the current system to have 'constant' areas of
the page.
They are called navigations. See webapp/WEB-INF/templates/vm/navigations

Ive written a proposal for an external portlet-set reference mechanism,
which would work nicely for your needs.
Hope to get it around to implementing it next month.

Regards,

David

> This can allow administrator control displaying the
> content to the user and also keep users have their
> layout styles.
>

> Best regards,
> Eric

>  Chow Hoi Ka, Eric