Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2016/03/21 10:33:10 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Create new Jira IO component

Hi beamers !

I started to work on the directories re-organization, and especially,
I'm moving the different IOs in their own folder.

As we can bet on contribution on IO, maybe it would make sense to create
the IO component in Jira.

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Create new Jira IO component

Posted by Frances Perry <fj...@google.com.INVALID>.
We'll like have some other extensions (statistical libraries, etc). But I
agree that it's confusing people as it is. +1 to creating java-sdk-io and
renaming java-sdk-gcp to java-sdk-io-gcp.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, it's what I used for now (sdk-java-extensions). And you are right,
it's enough for now.

We will create a dedicated component when the number of IOs (and
different extensions) will come.

Regards
JB

Posted by Frances Perry <fj...@google.com.INVALID>.