Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/04/12 18:52:23 UTC

RE: soap library performance -- sources

Mark,

I'd like soap user to be focused on how to USE the Apache implementation.
So if you would like to start a discussion thread on what features of the
Apache implementation one should avoid if you care about performance, then
by all means, continue the discussion on soap-user.

If, however, you would like to see this addressed in some future versions
of the Apache implementation, please join us on soap-dev.

 = = = =

I've taken a quick peek at your sources.  I'll be ready to post my sources
in a day or two, but let me tell you what I have been working on.

I too have a "fake client" as well as a number of "fake servers".

What I am focusing on is a single message at the moment - a simple
"echoFloat" function.  I have a single XML stream that is accepted by the
xml-soap, xml-axis, and DotNet beta 1 implementations.  Fake servers will
range from a simple socket application, to a simple servlet application,
and will do various amounts of XML parsing so that I can get a handle on
where the time is being spent.

Once that I'm ready, perhaps we can combine our efforts.

- Sam Ruby