Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andre Arnold <An...@gmx.de> on 2009/07/16 07:50:32 UTC

Reading File Content into Variable

Hi All

First, is there a simple way to provide the functionality of reading a
file as a whole into a variable. (simular to the _StringFromFile Function)

What I want to do is providing the name of an xml files in a csv for
varying the testdata easily. then I want to repeat the test for each
testdata file reading the whole file at the beginning. Maybe there is a
simple way i haven't thought of (script preprocessors ?).

Second, I've created a Workaround for the problem. A simple function,
simular because adopted from the StringFromFile, that reads a file as a
whole. Is there the possibility to check it in ?

I appreciate your help,

regards
Andre

Re: Reading File Content into Variable

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16/07/2009, Andre Arnold <An...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi All
>
>  First, is there a simple way to provide the functionality of reading a
>  file as a whole into a variable. (simular to the _StringFromFile Function)
>
>  What I want to do is providing the name of an xml files in a csv for
>  varying the testdata easily. then I want to repeat the test for each
>  testdata file reading the whole file at the beginning. Maybe there is a
>  simple way i haven't thought of (script preprocessors ?).

Some samplers allow files to be used directly.

>  Second, I've created a Workaround for the problem. A simple function,
>  simular because adopted from the StringFromFile, that reads a file as a
>  whole. Is there the possibility to check it in ?

Create a Bugzilla enhancement request.