Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID> on 2016/05/30 19:18:34 UTC

[DESIGN DOC] Reference document for triggers in Beam

Hi everyone,

In advance of my talk on triggers at Strata+Hadoop World, London, I have
prepared a Beam version of my reference document for triggers.

Abstract: This document explains the semantics of triggers from a somewhat
formal perspective, and goes on to derive the constraints on their
implementation.

The target audience is runner authors or possibly very advanced users.

The doc is at https://s.apache.org/beam-triggers (world-commentable,
commiter-editable)

This document picks up where my talk leaves off, expanding on the last few
technical slides and proceeding to discuss implementation. If this seems
like too much, please come to the talk for a much more gentle introduction.
I'll post slides after the talk, as I will undoubtedly be fiddling with
them up until I give it :-)

Kenn