Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Sandeep Heer <sa...@hitachi-eu.com> on 2001/12/12 12:06:03 UTC

I thought in SOAP messaging you dont call a method!

My understanding of SOAP messaging was that you dont call a method on
the webservice. BUT...in the XML from the client side you have to add a
line i.e.

<callMethod1 xmlns="message-service-donow">

SO you are specifying the target method. My understanding was that one
of the advantages of SOAP messaging over SOAP RPC was that the client
does not need to specify the method?

 E-mail Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer

  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited.
  E-mail messages are not necessarily secure.  Hitachi does not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent.
  Please note that Hitachi checks outgoing e-mail messages for the presence of computer viruses.