Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tarun Reddy <Ta...@rallydev.com> on 2006/11/20 23:54:43 UTC

[users@httpd] ProxyPass min= value seems to not work

I'm attempting to do something possibly a little nutty to try and
solve (or a least minimize) a latency problem we have with some
international customers. I would like to create a reverse proxy
configuration that users can use on site. Basically I want to push
things such as SSL negotiation to local fast computers and maintain
long running open connections to our servers from the proxy.

However, ProxyPass min= setting doesn't seem to keep open connections
to the backend, at least with the following configuration. Any ideas?

(the following is located in my ssl.conf, so I connect to the https://
<servername>/slm to proxy to in this case https://test1.f4tech.com/slm)

Thanks,
Tarun

SSLProxyEngine on
ProxyRequests Off

<Proxy *>
         Order deny,allow
         Allow from all
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /slm https://test1.f4tech.com/slm min=10 ttl=120 keepalive=On
ProxyPassReverse /slm https://test1.f4tech.com/slm

<IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>
    CacheEnable disk /
    CacheRoot "/var/cache/mod_proxy"
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_mem_cache.c>
         CacheEnable mem /
         MCacheSize 24000
         MCacheMaxObjectCount 100
         MCacheMinObjectSize 1
         MCacheMaxObjectSize 2048
</IfModule>

Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPass min= value seems to not work

Posted by Tarun Reddy <tr...@rallydev.com>.
Well upon further evaluation, it appears the min, max, etc.
parameters for ProxyPass only work with ajp connections. Can anyone
verify this?

Thanks,

Tarun