Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <DH...@schubergphilis.com> on 2013/05/29 12:24:45 UTC

jenkins login

H,

Can I get a login for Jenkins.cloudstack.org? I want to have a api doc build pertaining to the current state of master. I am working on windows and could find a unix machine but won't have that available constantly. It would seem that this will be convenient for most developers.

If I can't, can such a build be created in Jenkins for me?

Thanks,
Daan Hoogland

Re: jenkins login

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 01:35:17PM +0200, Daan Hoogland wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Do you mean a build that does:
> >
> > $ mvn -Pdeveloper -pl :cloud-apidoc?
> >
> > We have one on builds.a.o which is why it's not on
> > jenkins.buildacloud.org
> >
> > https://builds.apache.org/job/cloudstack-apidocs-master/
> >

> Yes, this is the one thanks.
>
> What if any is the ratio behind where to look?
>
> and
>
> Should it be published to the wiki?

The rule of thumb (at least the one in my head) is:
For standard build jobs that run from mvn and don't go beyond 10m the
jenkins instance is the one at builds.a.o. The apache build server is
very busy and is often strained for executors.

For long running test jobs, jobs needing hardware backup, packaging
jobs, other jobs which save large artifacts, systemvm builds etc
jenkins.buildacloud.org is being used.

--
Prasanna.,

Powered by BigRock.com