Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Luca Tagliani <l....@cbt.it> on 2012/11/30 14:47:30 UTC

NodeId mapping on PostgreSQL and Derby (SM_LONGLONG_KEYS)

Hi all,
  I found that PostgreSQL and also Derby maps the NodeId on the DB using two
long columns instead of a single binary column.

Using the consistency checker of Jackrabbit (trunk) I've found that the
queries used to iterate over the PM performs very bad and the primary key
constraints is never used.

So can anybody explain the reasons of this choice?

And more... it is possible to unify the management of the ids (... yes I
know that so it's not backward compatible, but we can implement a tool to
convert the DB format).

BR

Luca Tagliani