Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by eric b <er...@free.fr> on 2011/06/01 21:04:16 UTC

Rép : OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal

Hi,

First, apologies for the new thread, due to my late arrival on this
list.

As developer for OpenOffice.org since 2005, and having some knowledge
in OOo source code, I'm interested to contribute to the new
OpenOffice.org (as dev).

Where are the essential links to start ? e.g. I created an account on
the wiki, but I don't know whether I can add something yet :-)

Thanks in advance,
Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə
Education Project:

Re: Rép : OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@openoffice.org>.
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:04 PM, eric b <er...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First, apologies for the new thread, due to my late arrival on this list.
>
> As developer for OpenOffice.org since 2005, and having some knowledge in
> OOo source code, I'm interested to contribute to the new OpenOffice.org (as
> dev).
>
> Where are the essential links to start ? e.g. I created an account on the
> wiki, but I don't know whether I can add something yet :-)

Hi Eric, welcome, the wiki of the annoucement currently just list Rob and
Andrew. Following the discussion it seemst he proposal will be worked out at
this page, I suggest to subscribe to it. I am still waiting on a reply on
my question whenever the new names will be added by each developer or if the
commit will be done by a centralized maner.

The current proposal is here:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal

> Thanks in advance,
> Eric Bachard
>
> --
> qɔᴉɹə
> Education Project:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Education_Project
> Projet OOo4Kids : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/Main_Page
> Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español

Re: Rép : OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jz...@openoffice.org> wrote:

<snip>

> On the spirit of better 'ask for fogiveness than ask for permission'
> I added my name to the proposal.
> :-)

:-)

Robert

Re: Rép : OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@openoffice.org>.
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2011, at 3:27 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 15:04, eric b <er...@free.fr> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> First, apologies for the new thread, due to my late arrival on this
> list.
> >>
> >> As developer for OpenOffice.org since 2005, and having some knowledge in
> OOo
> >> source code, I'm interested to contribute to the new OpenOffice.org (as
> >> dev).
> >>
> >> Where are the essential links to start ? e.g. I created an account on
> the
> >> wiki, but I don't know whether I can add something yet :-)
> >
> > Welcome, Eric!
> >
> > I'm not sure what Jim's plans are right now. I bet he's pretty caught
> > up in talking to the press :-P ... I hope the answer would be "anybody
> > interested should insert their name into the wiki page", but he may
> > have other ideas. I've cc'd him.
> >

> Nope, that's right.
>
> We've reached out to the OO and LO communities, and have
> the call out to all current OO/LO developers to join up
> if they want... I guess "officially" Sam is the keeper of
> the proposal (as Sponsor and Champion), but I think it's
> fine.

On the spirit of better 'ask for fogiveness than ask for permission'
I added my name to the proposal.
:-)

Please reverse my change if this is not acceptable.

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español

Re: Rép : OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> We've reached out to the OO and LO communities, and have
> the call out to all current OO/LO developers to join up
> if they want...

+1

- Sam Ruby

Re: Rép : OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 15:04, eric b <er...@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First, apologies for the new thread, due to my late arrival on this list.
>
> As developer for OpenOffice.org since 2005, and having some knowledge in OOo
> source code, I'm interested to contribute to the new OpenOffice.org (as
> dev).
>
> Where are the essential links to start ? e.g. I created an account on the
> wiki, but I don't know whether I can add something yet :-)

Welcome, Eric!

I'm not sure what Jim's plans are right now. I bet he's pretty caught
up in talking to the press :-P ... I hope the answer would be "anybody
interested should insert their name into the wiki page", but he may
have other ideas. I've cc'd him.

Cheers,
-g