Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bob Aiello <bo...@FXALL.com> on 2007/10/10 21:46:33 UTC

setting the version number in Maven

Hi,

What is the easiest way to set a version in the pom.xml ?

I have a maven app that has 30 poms and in order to update
the version, I have to modify each of these poms manually.

<version>1.1.0</version>

I would like to be able to separate out the version
So that I can just change it in one place and the 30
poms will pick up the change. I keep thinking that I
should be able to have something like...

<version>${myversion}</version>

And a properties file somewhere in which I set the version.

Any suggestions on a simply way to do this would be
greatly appreciated!!!

Bob Aiello
bob.aiello@cmcrossroads.com

RE: setting the version number in Maven

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com>.
No, not really, I want CC to specify the build number, not maven.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com>.
I'm confused (and intrigued)...

We're also using cruise control and it'd be really nice to let CC supply
maven with what it thinks the build number is for particular modules.

Currently, we're using the deploy-file goal and specifying a build
number to that (even though internally, the poms list a snapshot
version).  Additionally, when our larger parent/child combos branch,
there's the added effort to change each and every pom involved to
reflect the new branch version.

To me, this page looks like something that hasn't been implemented yet.
Am I missing the picture?

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com>.

Posted by Erez Nahir <er...@gmail.com>.